it's been almost a month since i've updated... i don't even have a decent excuse. i've been busy, i've been tied up...i guess. but honestly, i just kind of went on mental hiatus. i've been tossing my issues of Vogue and Elle aside lately in favor of a Differential Equations workbook and a book about Classical Control Theory. i've been watching excessive amounts of '24' and reading a couple of other great books at night (finished 'Outliers' - reread 'The Girl who Played with Fire' - started 'The God Delusion' ..all interesting and well written!). i've kind of checked out from the world, essentially. and it's been really great.
but ok, a few outfits that have popped up recently.
post MIT visit: pants, JCrew. tshirt, MIT. sweater, JCrew. sneakers, Jack Purcell.
headed out to get new glasses! pants, JCrew. striped tank, Target. sweater, JCrew. heels, Vince Camuto. bag, Proenza Schouler.
black + white. dress, Alexander Wang. leggings, Kova and T, boots, Frye.
i babysat my nephew for a week, it was so fun! he lounged all week and mostly slept, but he's a super cute little guy.
what i've been listening to...
- Gifted - nasa
- Suicide Dream 2 - How to Dress Well
- Swimsuits - The Cool Kids
- 212 - Azealia Banks
- Someone That I Used to Know - Gotye
- Girls Like You - The Naked and the Famous
- Little Things - Bush
- I Don't Give A... - Madonna ft Nicki Minaj (the new MDNA album is pretty great!)
- The Space Inbetween - How to Destroy Angels
- Last Night I Heard Everything In Slow Motion - Oliver Tank
i've been spring shopping like crazy, so hopefully i can pull it together enough to remember to photograph my outfits! i got this amazing hot pink maxi skirt...it's so good.
so a quick update on the new years resolutions (can you guys even believe it's already April on Sunday?).
1. i have mastered full camel pose, and i am now moving on to arm balances. infinitely harder, i think.
2. GRE taken, rocked. applications in. now the waiting game.
3. chrono-nutrition, i'm doing pretty well. i have the occassional burrito bowl from chipotle for dinner..but oh well.
4. i bring my lunch faithfully!
all in all, i'm feeling successful for the year. this waiting game with the school applications nauseates me. literally i'm sick with nerves on a daily basis. but as they say, nothing that's worth it is ever easy! the chicest chick with a PhD ain't easy, ladies and gents ;-)
i'm speaking at my alma mater in a couple of weeks, at an event to encourage high school kids to be engineers. i'm in a huge tizzy over what to wear. i've gone through like 500 options. i'm interested to see which i'll pick!
again, sorry i've been gone. i promise i'll swing by more often!