Memorial Day is in 6 days - which means summer unofficially starts in 6 days - which is almost unbelievable! in honor of the impending heat, over the next 6 days, we'll be bringing you 6 summer essentials each day of various forms! up first...
Summer Beauty Must-Haves!
1. Nars Lip Gloss in Wonder
- fresh for their summer lineup, this pigment rich watermelon pink gloss goes on velvety and smooth, and hair doesn't get stuck in it either. $24, barneys.com
2. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 45 for the Face & Fresh Cooling Sunblock SPF 30
- sunblock is the most important part of everybody's beauty routine, no matter the season - but during the summer, when the sun is at it's strongest, it's especially important to remember to protect your skin every day with atleast SPF 30! Neutrogena is gentle on the skin, easy to apply, and friendly on the wallet. $8.99, local drugstores
CHECK OUT MORE AFTER THE JUMP!!!
3. Davines Sea Salt Primer
- for the most beautiful, natural beach waves possible...without hitting the actual beach. this sea salt primer smells good, but does feel a bit grimy...however, the amazing effects of this cult favorite cancel out any negatives. $24, davines.com for retailers
4. Chanel Le Vernis in Mimosa
- the hottest nail color of the season is channeling...the sun! this poppy yellow color is impossibly fresh, slightly unexpected, and always makes us happy when we look at our Mimosa manicures! steep price tag for a nail polish, but worth it's weight in (yellow) gold. $25, bergdorfgoodman.com
5. Bumble & Bumble Spray de Mode
- the hairspray made for the fashion set, there is nothing this superpower hairspray cannot do. holds a curl even after running a brush through it, gives a light shine to hair, and holds even in the most brutal humidity. oh, and it smells good. $26, bumbleandbumble.com
6. Maybelline the Falsies Volume Express Waterproof Mascara - major lashes never go out of style, and this drugstore gem gives the best length and volume out there. make sure to switch to waterproof for summertime to avoid smudging when the heat is really on. $5, local drugstores
here's to a beautiful summer!