if you're in New York, you know that summer has arrived. 80 degrees are upon us Manhattan-ites, and just in time, here are 6 sexy summer dresses for everything from an afternoon at the farmer's market to dinner with that hunky guy that really
makes you sweat, never mind the city that holds the heat!
1. Thakoon Addition Twist Front Romper
- a misty pink silk jaquard romper with a very slimming twist at the waist - perfect for Sunday brunches! pair with sky high wedges and a floppy hat for mile long legs and a little extra sun protection for the face. $720, shopbop.com
2. Olivia printed Maxi dress
- maxi dresses are having a major moment this season! the tribal boho print is chic and the empire waist is truly flattering on all shapes - even for gals who are expecting! $98, bananarepublic.com
3. Marchesa Tiered Silk Chiffon Dress
- Marchesa is the final word in evening gown gorgeous, and this mini dress is perfectly on-trend with tiered chiffon, an extra short hemline, and the flower detail at the shoulder! pricey yes, but worth the investment! Marchesa dresses are forever... $715, net-a-porter.com
More After the JUMP!!!
4. Alex Wang Drawstring Halter Dress
- can Mr. Wang do wrong? once again, his spring summer collection translated into perfect separates and this easy breezy halter dress is no exception. pair with flats for a chic daytime look or metallic heels to knock 'em dead at dinner. $485, alexanderwang.com
5. Penny Dress
- another maxi in a fresh, poppy print - this What Goes Around Comes Around frock channels Kate Hudson in Almost Famous! $334, whatgoesaroundnyc.com
6. Cecilia Dress
- for the more prim and proper lady, this a-line dress, available in punchy colors like royal blue and sassy coral (pictured above), is more for the uptown set, but every downtown girl needs a pretty, feminine dress like this for her closet - even if she prefers Alexander Wang! $158, jcrew.com