shorts bring some people anxiety - others joy - but here on Sullivan Street, shorts signal the dog days of summer (and many hours at Soul Cycle and lots of lunges..). here are 6 pairs to start your summer off right!
1. J.Crew Bow-Tie Short
- cotton/silk blend shorts with self-ties at the hips, these bloomer shorts are a perfect pop of summery color and work with a t-shirt for Saturday mornings at the farmer's market, or with wedge heels and a sassy tank top for drinks with girlfriends! $88, jcrew.com
2. Neuw black/blue Cheeky Short
- the perfect pair of ultra-short denim shorts - contrasting colors add a slimming effect - but these shorts are not for the faint of heart ...do an extra 100 lunges a day for these babies! $78, oaknyc.com
More after the JUMP!
3. Gap Geometric Short
- a great ikat print is festive, summery, and perfectly on-trend this season. pair with flat t-strap sandals and a sheer 70's-inspired button down to complete the look! $39.99, gap.com
4. lululemon athletica paradise short short
- these everyday shorts are Sullivan Street tested and approved! made with a light surf fabric that is water, rush, and essentially chlorine resistant, these shorts are great for a work out, a surfing sesh off Montauk, or just running errands! the fit is great, the pockets are (literally) deep, and the quality is unparalleled! $58, lululemon.com
5. Black Leather Zip Side Highwaisted short
- great for a night out with friends when you're feeling extra bold. the high-waisted cut is super trendy for summer, and you'll definitely turn heads! $98, topshop.com
6. Marc by Marc Jacobs Colette Floral Printed Cotton Short
- these drawstring waist shorts are forgiving with a sweet print, and are easily dressed up or down. also, if paired with a conservative top and a low heel, these can easily be pulled off in the office on Fridays! $190, marcjacobs.com for marc by marc jacobs stores